Ada Lovelace Day

Okay so like others I am fashionably a day late on this.

And I need to post about women in technology .... Here's some names Professor Donia Scott and Professor Lucy Wyatt are two highly successful women I have either worked with or at least been in the same building as .... one is in Computational Linguistics and the other in Applied Maths ... both highly focussed women and as demanding of their staff as they were of themselves.

I have met so many others in my life - Anastasia at B&W, a female lecturer at Brighton University in Mech Eng and all the women at Ricardo's, Mrs Kathleen Trustrum, my stats lecturer at Sussex University. Many of us working in isolation - the single token female trying to carve a path out for herself and sometimes getting there.

I am glad we are supporting Ada Lovelace today (well yesterday actually) - I hope we continue to do so.

Comments

Popular Posts